Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Track - On Top of the World

Sometimes, as a lyricist, good ideas just hit you. It happened to me a couple nights ago talking with a friend, when the phrase "on top of the world" was brought up. I said to myself "That's gonna make a great song." So here it is, although you readers can judge the greatness factor:

On Top of the World – This rise to power/It has been very slow/And watching others fail/It can make you feel hollow/But it’s my turn/To take the throne/I have learned my lesson/Let the wisdom be known//Surely you must have a clue/What it is like up there/To be on top of the world/Living up in the air/It’s a hard place to reach/But when you get there you know/While you may feel immortal/You’ll always have some place to go//It has taken a lifetime/To feel like I now do/There were times I could have given up/But I chose to fight through/And while I haven’t done a lot/It feels like a harvest to me/When I truly make my mark/Everyone will see//Surely you must have a clue/What it is like up there/To be on top of the world/Living up in the air/It’s a hard place to reach/But when you get there you know/While you may feel immortal/You’ll always have some place to go//This is something new for me/Something so real/I’ve never done this before/Never been able to feel/Like I am living a dream/Protected and healed/On top of the world/This is all very real//Surely you must have a clue/What it is like up there/To be on top of the world/Living up in the air/It’s a hard place to reach/But when you get there you know/While you feel immortal/You have a place called home/A place to call your own/A place where you are safe/On top of the world/You will always be safe

No comments :

Post a Comment