Thursday, November 15, 2012

KHL November 15th 2012

It was brought to my attention (by myself of all people) that I had the hosting and visiting teams backwards so far in my KHL posts. I apologize for the confusion, and hope that my North American behavior in reading box scores causes no further trouble. Anyway, today's game is actually being played in Novokuznetsk, with Metallurg hosting Amur Khabarovsk. Alexei Murygin for Amur and Alexander Lazushin for Metallurg are the masked men. The scoring didn't start until the third period, when Novokuznetsk led off with a power play goal by Dmitry Kagarlitsky, courtesy of Randy Robitaille. Metallurg extended the lead with a Dmitry Megalinsky power play goal, powered by Kagarlinsky. Novokuznetsk padded the lead as Alexei Yefimov scored, with the help of Alexander Mereskin. Khabarovsk got on the board as Andrei Stepanov scored a power play, assisted by Vladimir Loginov and Alexander Loginov. Amur got closer as Juha-Pekka Hytonen scored an unassisted goal. Metallurg iced the game at 4-2 with an empty net goal by Anton Lazarev, set up by Kagarlitsky. The three stars of the game belong to Kagarlitsky, Lazushin (35 for 37 in saves), and Yefimov.

Follow me on Twitter @KipperScorpion.

No comments :

Post a Comment