Thursday, January 3, 2013

KHL January 3rd 2013 + 1,000th post special

Only three games for today, all being played in the west. First up...

Vityaz Chekhov hosts Salavat Yulaev Ufa. Iiro Tarkki and Ivan Lisutin earn the starting nods. Ufa was first to score with a first period Alexander Svitov goal, with a lone assist from Alexander Pankov. Salavat Yulaev added on in the second period as Antti Pihlstrom scored, via Igor Mirnov. Ufa iced it at 3-0 with an unassisted goal by Oleg Saprykin in the third period. The three stars went to Tarkki (24 save shutout), Svitov, and Pihlstrom.

Up in Cherepovets, Severstal welcomes Spartak Moscow. Alexei Yakhin and Vasily Koshechkin are between the pipes. Cherepovets led off with a first period Vadim Berdnikov goal, going down unassisted. Severstal padded the lead as Evgeny Ketov scored, with the help of Denis Kazionov and Vadim Shipachyov. Moscow got on the board with a power play goal by Nikolai Bushuyev, powered by Jaroslav Obsut and Denis Bodrov. Cherepovets shot back with a second period goal by Pavel Dedunov, an unassisted goal. Severstal extended the lead as Shipachyov scored a power play goal, assisted by Alexander Ryazantsev and Petr Caslava. This was it for the scoring, leaving the final at 4-1, with the three stars going to Shipachyov, Koshechkin (15 for 16 in saves), and Ketov.

Finally, we end in Riga, with Dinamo Minsk hosting Dinamo Riga. Mikael Tellqvist and Lars Haugen guard the cages. Riga started with a first period goal by Oskars Cibulskis, passed from Gints Meija and Andris Dzerins. Riga added on as Alexandre Giroux scored an unassisted goal. Minsk got on the board in the second period as Vladimir Denisov potted the puck with an unassisted goal. Minsk tied it in the third period with a Lukas Krajicek goal, set up by Teemu Laine. Riga took the lead back with a goal form Paul Szczechura, guided in by Krisjanis Redlihs. This held up for a 3-2 final, with the three stars being Szczechura, Tellqvist (33 for 35 in saves), and Giroux.

As promised, a special message. Twenty-five and a half months ago, I started working on this blog at the whim of a friend of mine. Since then, I have taken many different paths with my efforts on here. Originally intended to represent three areas of life, the sports section became a much more important factor to me. While I have dropped the music and Subway aspects of the blog, the name has not yet changed. Partially out of a reverence for the history of my work and partially out of laziness, the name and design is the same as always. While there are changes ahead, today is not the time for them. Today, on the day of my 1,000th blog post, I would like to once again extend my appreciation to all of my readers, fans, friends, and family that have supported me. I have blogged many partial and full seasons of baseball, football, and hockey, and throughout the trials of keeping up with the pace, I have found something that I enjoy doing. This is why my plans for the future include keeping up with this blog en route to a career in something very similar. When I leave for college in August, I cannot promise that I will be able to keep up with the workload on here anymore. What I can promise is that I won't be wasting time, and if I am to come back to writing on my own blog, it will be with the knowledge and abilities of a more full-fledged and official writer. I plan to study journalism in my higher education, with a specific knack for sports. Combining my passion for writing with an even stronger love of sports is something I hope I can accomplish in my life, and hopefully I can look back to this project of mine as where it all began. As I said, what I have here is far from complete, and I will continue working on this site until I am unable to do to whatever circumstances may arise as my life continues. Once again, thank you all for your support. It means the absolute world to me that so many people have seen this blog. The first 1,000 posts were good; here's to 1,000 more great ones.

Follow me on Twitter @KipperScorpion.

No comments :

Post a Comment