Wednesday, September 4, 2013

KHL Day 1 2013-2014

It has been over a month since the last post. Never fear, as the long awaited return of the KHL is here. Before we dive in, I cannot promise that I will be able to provide the same level of coverage from previous seasons. I am busier now, but I will give it my best effort. If I'm not doing well enough, I won't keep putting this out there. With that, let's begin the KHL season with a single game from...

Moscow, as Dynamo hosts Traktor Chelyabinsk in a rematch of last year's Gagarin Cup final. Michael Garnett is in goal for Traktor while Alexander Yeryomenko does the same for Dynamo. Chelyabinsk began in the first period with a Yegor Dugin goal, with assists provided by Lauris Darzins and Konstantin Panov. Moscow tied the game with a second period goal by Maxim Pestushko, with a lone assist from Leo Komarov. Dynamo took the lead when Yury Babenko scored, via Sergei Soin. Moscow added on in the third period as Komarov notched a goal, thanks to Pestushko and Konstantin Gorovikov. Dynamo padded the lead when Soin scored, and Konstantin Glazachev had the only assist. Moscow wrapped it up at 5-1 with an Alexei Tsvetkov goal with only eleven seconds remaining, and his goal was unassisted. The three stars of the game were Komarov, Soin, and Pestushko.

Come back for more tomorrow, and as always, follow me on Twitter @KipperScorpion.

No comments :

Post a Comment