Saturday, December 10, 2016

MLS Cup 2016 - Toronto FC VS. Seattle Sounders FC

It's the championship game for MLS action, with the winner taking all tonight. In goal are Clint Irwin for Toronto and Stefan Frei for Seattle. Seattle's Chad Marshall had a yellow card for a foul in first half stoppage time. The Sounders' Joevin Jones took a yellow card for his seventy-second minute foul. In second half stoppage time, Michael Bradley of Toronto received a yellow card for his foul. The game went through extra time with no score, leading to a penalty shootout. Here, the Sounders prevailed as Roman Torres provided the difference-maker, with other Sounders tallies coming from Brad Evans, Andreas Ivanschitz, Joevin Jones, and Nicolas Lodeiro, which topped the four goals by Jozy Altidore, Benoit Cheyrou, Will Johnson, and Drew Moor. The MVP was Frei, who had a seven-save clean sheet on the night as the Sounders took the championship in a 1-0 win.

As I like to do at the end of each season I cover, I'll provide a status update on where my career is going. I have nearly completed my degree in sports journalism at this time, and as such, 2017 is likely to be a year of changes for myself and my blogging output. I hope to get a job working in some sort of sports journalism or for a particular team in one of the sports I'm familiar with. Should this happen, I will drop whichever league I'm coming from this blog with the purpose of maintaining a situation where there is no conflict of interest. That being said, I have no intentions of shuttering this site as a whole no matter where I end up working. This will be where I got started in my career, and I will keep it going as long as I possibly can, until I'm working in a full-time, year-round position that will demand the attention I usually pay to this. However, I do not see this being the case next year. As always, I hope you enjoyed my MLS coverage this season, and I'll be back for next year's games when they begin in March. Follow me on Twitter @OutsiderSports0.

No comments :

Post a Comment