Friday, October 4, 2024

Farewell

Hello all,

It's been a long time coming, but it's time for me to retire this blog. When I started back in 2010, this was a way for me to explore my passions. It quickly became focused on just one thing: detailed written accounts of hockey scoring plays from games. Over time, it helped me earn a contract job at RotoWire, which has blossomed into something that would take up as much time as a full-time job for most people. I get to cover games, I'm more on top of the news than I've ever been, and they even let me ramble on once a week on my Hutch's Hockey column. 

None of that would be possible if I hadn't decided at all of 15 years old to try my hand with blogging. Keeping up with the NHL in particular, as well as the KHL, MLB, MLS, NFL, NWSL, and EPL at various times, instilled in me a relentless work ethic, something I didn't even know I had when I started. This blog took me through high school, college, and most of my 20s. 

That said, it was always a labor of love. While it kept me busy, it didn't bring in money. Outside of a few shots at opinion pieces and analysis, it very rarely drew much outside attention at all. I've kept up with both work and this blog over time, but after a challenging 2024, I no longer have the energy to keep at the pace. I must put into things where I am getting something back in return, and so this blog, this space, this 14-year journal, has run its course. 

If you're reading this now or if you've read something here before, thank you. You were part of me doing something to achieve my dreams. If you want to follow along with what I'm doing, check out myself and all of my colleagues on RotoWire's NHL team, or follow me at @OutsiderSports0 on Twitter and @outsidersports.bsky.social on Bluesky.

No comments :

Post a Comment